Skip to Main Content
Evaluating Sources: STAR Criteria
- Who is providing this information (e.g., creator + publisher)?
- What are their credentials?
- What is their purpose?
- When was it created / published / updated?
- Does the date fit within your assignment requirements?
- Does currency matter for your topic?
- What kind of evidence is being presented?
- Where does this evidence come from?
- Are there obvious errors (spelling, format, etc.)?
- Does this resource meet your assignment needs?
- What purpose does it fill?