Pick out the main ideas from your topic and generate some keywords.
Try your keywords in the databases on the Articles page, or use the main library search to find books, ebooks, videos and more.
Database Search Tips:
- "Quotes" for phrases/titles:
- "social media" "Presentation of Self in Everyday Life"
- Asterisk (*) for truncation:
- feminis* = feminist feminism
- AND for different concepts:
- racism AND Indigenous AND Canada
- OR for similar concepts/synonyms:
- teenager OR adolescent OR youth
Example: Canad* AND "racial bias" AND (universit* OR college)
Look at what you find and determine if it’s a relevant and reliable source. Does it work for your assignment, or do you need to go back and find more?
For more information visit our Research How To pages.